Choco-late de Batirol, Baguio City

Trendy and cozy cafe and restaurants are now very in demand in the Philippines, business owners always has something in mind when it comes to creativity. If you read my previous blog post, my family went to Baguio for a one whole day uncooperative-weather-gastronomical-adventure. ;)

We decided to dine in Choco-late de Batirol for Breakfast. Their breakfast meal is the typical filipino silog and other meals are also a Filipino Cuisine. The prices are quite affordable which ranges from 160php-350php. 









Longanisa Vigan with Egg and rice. 160Php

Traditional Blend Choco-late de Batirol. 80php.

Choco-late de Batirol is specializing in hot, thick, bittersweet chocolate drink which is made from local cacao beans. It is traditionally made with a metal pot mixed by a wooden rod or what they called "Batirol" to make the chocolate thicker. 


There's a sign in the counter that the hot choco was made with a peanut, (a warning for those who are allergic to nuts) im not sure if it is really part of how it is made or it just happened on the day we went to the place. I always have a fondness for any food or drink with a chocolate flavor but personally, the taste is something that I wouldn't crave. I am not saying that hate it but I dont love it either, maybe because of the peanuts that there is something off on the flavor. My nieces didn't even want to finish their drink..






I was very engrossed with the place, it is an instagram worthy cafe with a very relaxing ambiance of nature. I love how it is surrounded with green trees and inspirational words. Even the wooded chairs and tables makes it feel more relaxing, that I can imagine veranda outside a provincial house.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.