Panay Island: Isla De Gigantes

First on our go to list for our Panay Island Tour is Isla de Gigantes. It is an island chain, which is consist of 10 islands. The Gigantes group includes the following minor islets: Bulubadiang, Gigantillo, and Gigantuna are islets southeast of Gigantes Norte, while Antonia, Bantigui, CabugaoTanguingui, and Turnina are islands and islets south of Gigantes Sur. But of course we did not visit all these islands!! :D



From Carles Port, we rented a boat to Isla de Gigantes for 2600php. We are a big group, so the price is cheap enough for a big group. If you are travelling solo or in a small group, it is much better to join or merge with other groups. It is a 3hour boat ride from port to the first Island we landed, which is Antonia. We just change our clothes take a 5min toilet break and off we go to the Tangke Saltwater Lagoon in Gigantes Sur.


Tangke Saltwater Lagoon (Low tide)





The whole Gigantes Squad! We are originally a group of ten, but my boyfie's fam also join us in Gigantes which is also a perfect time to get to know them well.








Our visit was not the perfect timing because of the low tide, so we did not experience much of the calm water in lagoon. I once watched on a vlog, that the water in the lagoon came also from the ocean, but even if it is high tide the water in the lagoon is still calm. We just had a photoshoot inside the lagoon and I tried cliff diving for the first time. Unfortunately, I didn't land on the water properly so I had bruises all over my thighs.

Antonia Beach


My journey in Isla de Gigantes in just a snap. As soon as we landed on our 2nd island, the Cabugao Island. The moment I stepped my foot on the beautiful white sand I had an unexplained upset stomach, nausea and vomiting which I nearly fainted during the trip!! (I dont want to scare you with the other details of what happened to me.. So i will leave you there hanging...) So i wasn't able to climbed up on the rock formation where you can see the whole view of the Island.


Top view of Cabugao Island

Cabugao Island
So as much as I wanted to enjoy the place, seize the day and join the group while they are having fun on the beach. I can't resist the feeling that I am about to vomit in every step I make. So literally, I just slept on the boat while everybody is having fun. I wished I experienced also the spelunking and other activities but I can't even walk without feeling dizzy. I just felt better when some natives from the hotel do something in my tummy (which Filipinos are vert familiar with what I am talking about..) 

It is a must going back to this place, I have a lot to explore which I didn't do during this stay.. I will surely regret if I won't, so see you again Isla de Gigantes!!! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.